Yes, non-residents can claim a refund of 70% of this superannuation back when they leave Australia. You can apply to receive you superannuation back online here.

You will need to list the name of your superannuation fund used by your employer, so be sure to ask. Below is an example of how much you may claim back:

A student makes $15000 throughout their time in Australia. Their employers would contribute 11% of $15000 = $1650 to different superannuation funds on your behalf. This would mean the student would receive $1650 x 70% = $1155 back! A student should contact all former employers and ask for the following things:.